Sunday, April 7, 2013

Should Christians only listen to Christian music?

Many people have been asking me lately whether or not Christians should only listen to purely Christian music. There is not one straight answer. I'm sure if you googled that question there would be thousands upon thousands of blog articles, like mine, or even studies about it. My answer: There is no one answer, but it's your personal opinion. I, personally, have a playlist of strictly worship songs and/or normal everyday songs you would hear on your local Christian music radio station. I have about 158 songs of though, but I don't listen to all of them in one sitting. On the other hand I do have a playlist of current/older songs; for example, I have: The beat, by C2c; Mirrors, by Justin Timberlake; and finally Sail, by Awolnation. These are not all bad songs. I try to stay away from those songs that have bad meanings or a lot of cussing. I feel like that causes me to think badly or feel bad, and I don't like that.
The things I like about Christian Music:
1. An uplifting experience.
       How can you be sad or mad when you listening to a song about God's love or his great sacrifice.
2. Makes me happy
       What more can you say?
3. Never forgetting
        When I listen to Christian music it always reminds me of Jesus and God. You can never forget who the artist are referring to!

There is nothing really bad about Christian music. But some people say that Christian music, some people don't like Christian music because it turns 'Christian' into an adjective.  Who knew? Christian can be used as an adjective or a noun. It's just like any other word that can be used as a verb or adjective. For example, The jumping frog croaked as he sat on the lilly pad. 'Jumping' is used as an adjective to describe the frog.

The things I DON'T like about current music:
1. Bad Messages
          Typically music that you hear on the radio have bad or suggestive messages in the song. Niki Minaj, Macklemore, and even LMFAO have bad messages.
2. Annoying Beats
           I know, I know. The songwriters what the listeners need to remember the songs, so whether they use annoying beats or repeated choruses, the songs are annoying.
3. Bad Singers
          'nuff said

I personally don't care what type of music you listen to. I want you to be happy with what you do. But this is my opinion.


with god's love
~MM

No comments:

Post a Comment